Synergy Medical manufactures and sells automation for retail pharmacies. The company,
comprised of 55 employees, is privately owned by founder Jean Boutin, and is based in
Longueuil, Quebec, Canada.
The first SynMed robot was installed in 2008, and there are over 290 now
installed across Canada, the U.S. and in Europe.
Synergy Medical’s mission is to develop, market and technically support automated systems for the pharmacy environment. Our technologies and services aim to be reliable and efficient tools that will enhance the safety of medication preparation while reducing the repetitive and monotonous character of manual labour.
The SynMed robot automates the process of preparing prescriptions in either single-dose or multi-dose blister packs. Synergy Medical’s typical client is a long-term care pharmacy,
or a high volume independent retail pharmacy. Synergy Medical also has significant experience in central fill environments.
Title: Sales Representative, Western USA
Date: February 20th, 2017
Immediate Supervisor: Mark Rinker, Senior Director of Sales, North America
Synergy Medical is looking for a Sales Representative who will work in tandem with a Regional
Director by creating qualified leads, through both phone and in field activity.
The sales territory will cover primarily California. Secondary states include Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Lead generation
a. Telemarketing / email
b. In pharmacy
2. Liaise with Regional Director
3. Activity and results reporting
4. Territory analyses
5. Monitor competition
6. Call on Assisted Living facilities – assess need for and promote multi-dose packaging
7. Represent and promote the company at major industry events
8. Reflect the honest and principled values of the company
Profile & Skills Required
1. Based in California
2. Minimum 3 years’ experience in health care, pharmacy industry
3. Personable, customer service oriented
4. Excellent presentation skills
5. Motivation for sales
6. Prospecting skills
7. Team player
8. Capable of great autonomy and willing to work in entrepreneurial environment
10. Salesforce experience an asset
Practice Settings: LTC (Long Term Care), Retail / Community (Chain), Retail / Community (Independent)